At the Kick-off meeting all core partners assembled to start the project and
- established a joint project management team and a scientific advisory board
- defined biomedical needs and challenges
- built binational project teams
Additionally groups from Germany and Poland with relevant research topics were invited to join the integrated satellite workshop.
Annual summer workshops on sub-topics of the proposal for interested German and Polish students:
- Bone Tissue Engineering – from the idea to the application
- Treatment of large bone defects – from innovation to clinics
Coordinated lab-exchanges of scientists between university partners and SMEs for 2 weeks to 3 months, with the focus on young scientists (master students, PhD students).
A partnering workshop ”Business Experts meet Research Professionals” for technology transfer in the field of bone tissue engineering will be organized in cooperation with biosaxony to recruit selected, topic-related SMEs for participation in the network.